Get Connected in Atlanta
Flash Mob Dancers Welcome the World to the New Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Atlanta, GA, USA – Travelers at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport were surprised yesterday by a pop-up performance from a 40-member singing, dancing flash mob promoting the grand opening of the Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway, which is connected to the airport via the new ATL SkyTrain. The flash mob delivered a somewhat serious message via song: this eco-friendly high-tech Atlanta airport hotel is connected.
The creative marketing campaign for the Atlanta hotel signals a new approach for the energetic, contemporary Marriott Hotels & Resorts brand and its promise to connect travelers to each other through high-technology, meetings and events.
Part of the vibrant Atlanta Gateway complex, the new Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway is an eco and tech savvy meeting destination connected by a covered walkway to the adjacent 300,000 square foot Georgia International Convention Center.
The 403-room hotel, opened in August, is contemporary in feel and filled with natural light and vibrant color, representing the latest design and innovation of Marriott Hotels & Resorts. The Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway is on track to earn LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification silver from the U.S. Green Building Council. The hotel is operated under a management agreement with Grove Street Partners.
The ATL airport hotel is uniquely designed for the achiever who makes the most out of every opportunity – whether traveling for business or pleasure. The stylish hotel lobby is a social hub showcasing a Media Zone with complimentary Wi-Fi to work alone, catch up with clients, friends or co-workers. Relaxing spaces provide the ideal place to dine or to enjoy the day-to-night bar which transitions from coffee and pastries in the morning to cocktails and appetizers in the evening.
In keeping with the “Get Connected” theme, at the grand opening celebration also marked the opening of the hotel’s Virtual Meetings by Marriott with AT&T* and Cisco TelePresence™ Atlanta studio, the first public telepresence studio in Atlanta and the state of Georgia. With high-definition video displaying life-size images and real time spatial audio, participants of Virtual Meetings by Marriott feel as if they are actually gathered together in the same room across a single table. The Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway telepresence studio connects with eight public Virtual Meetings by Marriott locations open around the world, as well as with public Cisco TelePresenceTM suites and more than 100 companies and organizations on the AT&T Business Exchange.
Following are some of the hotel’s outstanding amenities:
- 403-sound proof guest rooms including 18 suites are designed for relaxing work and restful sleep, all equipped with high definition LCD televisions, Plug-In panel, wired and wireless DS3 fast internet, swivel desks, iHome docking station, refrigerators, laptop safes, individual reading lights on the headboards and Marriott’s signature bedding
- For meetings, the hotel features more than 21,000 square feet of flexible meeting space which includes the 12,000 square ft Gateway Ballroom, the largest hotel ballroom in the Airport area. Together with the Georgia International Convention Center, both venues provide 321,000 square feet of meeting space.
- Champions Restaurant is hardly your father’s sports bar, but it does have all of the stats that matter: 30 flat-screen TVs, over 60 beer selections including 14 on tap, free Wi-Fi and well-crafted menus that span the day. Champions Restaurant serves a classic American menu as well as regional favorites like shrimp and grits, smokey Joe barbeque and signature organic beverages, is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. www.championsatlanta.com
- Concierge level and concierge lounge located on the top floor overlooking the beautifully landscaped Gateway complex and the ATL SkyTrain is designed for optimum relaxation and work
- 24-hour spacious fitness center overlooking the SkyTrain and adjacent indoor saline or salt water swimming pool offers an abundance of natural light and features more than 20 state-of-the-art Life Fitness strength and cardio equipment
- The self –service Business center open 24 hours a day
- Hertz Rental Car Desk for easy pick-up and return
For hotel specials and information, visit the hotel website at www.atlantaairportmarriottgateway.com. To book a Virtual Meetings by Marriott meeting online, customers can visit www.VirtualMeetingsbyMarriott.com two days in advance or call the Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway at 404 763-1544.
For the grand opening Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway video visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSdjIrCPKUI
The Atlanta Marriott Gateway applied for LEED Silver status upon opening. For more information on the hotel’s green elements, visit www.atlantaairportgatewaypr.com.
Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International’s iconic business brand and flagship, inspires your best performance during travel and helps you work, relax and recharge in your own way, at nearly 500 hotels in 60 countries. Marriott Hotels support and inspire guests each and every time with real comfort, warmth and genuine care delivered through associates and experiences that help working, relaxing and connecting with others happen – so they can seize the day and prepare for the next. Marriott believes that tomorrow is a new opportunity to do something great. All Marriott hotels participate in the award-winning Marriott Rewards frequent travel program that allows members to earn hotel points or airline miles for every dollar spent. For more information visit www.meetthedriven.com.