Landmark St. Thomas Resort, Frenchman’s Reef Marriott, Reopens its Doors after Undergoing a $48 Million Renovation
ST. THOMAS, USVI - December 6, 2011 – After six months and a 48 million dollar renovation, Marriott Hotels & Resort’s iconic property, Frenchman’s Reef Marriott Resort, has officially re-opened its doors (see video below). Long considered one of the finest resorts in the U.S. Virgin Islands, visitors have been waiting in anticipation for the property’s grand re-opening, which was marked with a celebration on November 10, 2011, attended by island officials, Marriott executives and VIP guests and community members. The $48 million renovation completely transformed the property inside and out. In addition to giving the exterior of the resort’s main tower a new, fresh look, the resort underwent a full redesign of all guest rooms, the addition of a new state-of-the art spa and spa pool, larger fitness center, a full service salon complete with hair and manicure/pedicure stations, new restaurants and menu concepts, expanded lounge areas, a completely redesigned infinity pool with kids zone and the addition of an adults only pool.
Among the most notable of the hotel’s new amenities is the newly designed Lazule Sea Spa. The spa features 4,000 square feet of luxury facilities including seven treatment rooms, couples room, massage cabanas, and the exclusive spa pool and couples relaxation room.
Sitting in a premiere location, the resort’s 302 newly renovated guest rooms offer magnificent views of Charlotte Amalie Harbour and easy access to Morning Star Beach. The re-designed Aqua Terra Oceanfront Grill and Aqua Terra Lounge, just two of the resort’s nine restaurant and lounge offerings, also offer spectacular vistas of Charlotte Amalie Harbour through its impressive floor to ceiling windows.
“We are ecstatic about the results of the renovation and I know our guests will be as well,” commented Jose Gonzalez, General Manager of the Frenchman’s Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort. “The Reef has always been a popular St. Thomas resort and with this investment I believe we have set a whole new standard of what guests can expect.”
“The Reef’s” renovation also introduces guests to new, contemporary design in all guest rooms, which boasts Caribbean elegant décor, rain style shower heads, ergonomic workspaces, LCD high-definition televisions and Marriott’s signature bedding, which includes 300 thread count sheets, down comforters, thicker mattresses with plush toppers and fluffier pillows.
The full Frenchman’s Reef Marriott Resort enhancement project included upgrades or additions of the following:
• Aqua Terra Oceanfront Grill: Completely redesigned, the multi-level Aqua Terra Oceanfront Grill offers classic American fare with stunning views of Charlotte Amalie Harbour.
• Aqua Terra Lounge: Located adjacent to the Aqua Terra Oceanfront Grill, this lounge shares the restaurant’s magnificent views, as well as an outdoor terrace and offers the perfect place to enjoy one of its many spirits from around the world.
• Rum Bar Terrace: This upscale indoor/outdoor bar with stunning views of Charlotte Amalie Harbour is the perfect place to begin and end an evening.
• Sunset Grill: This renovated, casual, open-air restaurant overlooks Sunset Harbor and offers delicious Caribbean and American cuisine during lunch and dinner.
• Presto Marketplace: Presto Marketplace serves as a gift shop compete with toiletries, souvenirs and local finds and also includes a coffee and snack bar where guests can grab light items such as breakfast pastries, sandwiches, juices, smoothies and salads.
• Adult Pool: This new infinity edge pool with a swim up bar is open to adults only, offering a more secluded option to those looking for a little more privacy and a little less splashing.
• Azul Pool Bar: Located at the adult-only infinity pool, overlooking the Caribbean Sea, the Azul Pool Bar allows you to grab a drink while keeping your eyes on the magnificent view and never leaving the water.
• Frenchman’s Garden Wedding Gazebo: The new and intimate Frenchman’s Garden Wedding Gazebo is a secluded sanctuary surrounded by tropical plants and palm trees.
• Fitness Center: Featuring all new state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment and free weights.
• Lazule Sea Spa: 4,000 square feet of luxury spa facilities with seven treatment rooms, one couples room, massage cabanas, an exclusive spa pool and relaxation room.
• Spa Pool Deck: Secluded from the main pool area, guests can relax here before and after treatments. The area features a main pool as well as hot and cold mini plunge pools making it the perfect place to lounge.
• Expanded Main Pool Area: After a complete redesign the resort now boasts a state-of-the-art free form infinity pool with unprecedented views of the Caribbean. Features a wide ledge for lounge chairs in the pool to help stay cool in the sun and interactive water spout feature for kids.
• Full Service Beauty Salon: Offering an extensive list of services including hair, nails, tanning, waxing, facial, and skin treatments.
• Meeting & Event Spaces: With the expansion of the pool deck the resort now has additional space to host large groups.
Frenchman’s Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort on St. Thomas has long been considered one of the finest properties in the U.S. Virgin Islands. The resort consists of casual, yet sophisticated accommodations, overlooking a secluded beach with warm, aquamarine waters and sweeping vistas of the Caribbean’s most majestic yacht harbor. The island of St. Thomas boasts incomparable duty-free shopping, exceptional diving and rich culture and history. For more information, please visit www.frenchmansreefmarriott.com.
About Marriott Hotels & Resorts
Marriott Hotels & Resorts continues to inspire and provide a balanced life on the road for discerning and high-achieving business and leisure travelers, offering warm, professional service; sophisticated yet functional guest room design; lobby spaces that facilitate working, dining and socializing; restaurants and bars serving international cuisine prepared simply and from the freshest ingredients; meeting and event spaces and services that are gold standard; and expansive, 24-hour fitness facilities. All Marriott hotels participate in the award winning Marriott Rewards frequent travel program that allows members to earn hotel points or airline miles for every dollar spent during each stay. For more information, visit www.MarriottHotels.com.
Visit Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) for company information. For more information or reservations, please visit our web site at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com
Connect with email@example.com