Renaissance Hotels Kicks Off Global “Year of Discovery”
Renaissance Hotels (www.renhotels.com) is encouraging guests and locals to kick off a “Year of Discovery” and ring in 2013 with unique RLife LIVE events at nearly 100 Renaissance properties worldwide in celebration of the upcoming New Year.
This special seasonal initiative represents an exciting continuation of the Renaissance Hotels “Live Life to Discover” brand campaign, created to inspire today's lifestyle-oriented business travelers to explore a hotel or destination’s hidden gems. This past June, Renaissance Hotels hosted a worldwide “Get Out & Discover” day, created to bring the brand campaign to life for travelers.
“We created this year’s exciting program to encourage our guests, whether they’re in town for a visit or locals, to ring in a new ‘Year of Discovery’ in 2013,” said Tina Edmundson, senior vice president of lifestyle brands for Marriott International, Inc. “Celebrating the season of new beginnings, we wanted to help create unforgettable memories for our guests by offering them the opportunity to discover something new and unexpected while visiting our hotels over the holiday,” she furthered.
Renaissance Hotels is inviting guests to discover unique musical experiences onsite at select properties this season by hosting RLife LIVE events in destinations including New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Shanghai, San Juan, and more. The New Year’s Eve RLife LIVE events will feature exclusive musical performances by local emerging artists in these markets. The RLife LIVE entertainment platform has become a recognized program in the hospitality industry, receiving acclaimed reviews from Billboard and The New York Times.
RLife LIVE is the industry leading entertainment platform of Renaissance Hotels, designed to offer our guests opportunities to experience emerging talent in in music, culinary, film, arts, and more right in the comforts of our hotel living room.
For a full list of scheduled events please visit: http://renho.tl/NYEatREN
- New York, NY – R Lounge at the Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel offers the best seats in the city for unprecedented views of the Time Square ball drop. Perched above the iconic square, R Lounge has an almost 360 degree panoramic of the memorable New Year’s Eve celebration. Guests at R Lounge can enjoy the evening without the cold and the crowds as they celebrate throughout the night. Touted as having the best seats in the house, guests will embrace New York City’s largest celebration in the sky as they wine and dine on delicious Blue Ribbon menu classics by some of New York City’s favorite chefs, the Bromberg Brothers. Tables start at $7,500.
- Charlotte, NC – Guests at the Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel will celebrate New Year's Eve in grand style as they step back into the Roaring 20’s. The hotel's "Roaring 20's Party" includes a delicious cocktail hour with passed hors d'oeuvres, an indulgent four-course dinner, open bar and champagne toast and an RLife LIVE performance by the popular local band, "Cookie". Tickets are priced at $200 per person.
- St. Petersburg, FL – This year at the Renaissance Vinoy’s Resort & Golf Club, you won’t just celebrate the beginning of a new year, you’ll also celebrate the hotel’s birthday. The historic hotel originally opened on December 31, 1925 is celebrating its 87th milestone and too much fanfare is still one of the most popular spots to ring in the New Year. The legendary property will be offering a decadent five course tasting menu at Marchand’s Bar & Grill followed by live an RLife LIVE performance by Trio del Sol, a popular local Jazz band, a balloon drop and champagne toast at midnight. Ticket prices start at $120.00 per person.
- San Juan, Puerto Rico – For travelers looking to spice up their New Years Eve plans, the La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort in Puerto Rico is hosting an extravagant celebration that will host up to 1,000 guests and tastemakers. The lavish event will be held between the main pool and the lobby, offering a seductive atmosphere to dance the night away. The evening will also feature RLife LIVE performances by top local stars poolside, Cuenta Regresiva, DJ Jorge Salgado and DJ Dana. Minimum table and bottle service starts at $1,000.
- Shanghai, China – The Renaissance Shanghai Caohejing Hotel will be hosting a Gangnam Style New Year’s Eve at The Lounge. They will dish out Korean BBQ at Smoki Moto for two and ever-flowing champagne. Korean pop music will keep guests dancing all night as well as Gangnam Style party favors.
- Washington, DC – Where better to celebrate the New Year, than the nation’s Capital? The Mayflower Washington DC Hotel is offering their special “Celebrate New Beginnings” package, with rates starting at $500 per couple. Guests will receive deluxe accommodations, valet parking and an exclusive New Year’s Eve crystal glass amenity set upon check-in. On New Year’s Eve, guests will enjoy a four-course à la carte dinner with wine pairings at Edgar Bar & Kitchen, along with premium handcrafted cocktails and a toast at midnight with a limited edition Iron Horse Fête Cuvee, created specifically for the hotel.
Renaissance Hotels represents a diverse collection of more than 151 hotels in 35 countries worldwide. Each property is unique, offering passionate travelers a one-of-kind experience and memories they will be sure to take with them long after they depart. Within every hotel, guests are greeted by an exceptional array of amenities and an inspiring world of local discoveries. For travelers looking to experience something new, innovative and locally driven programs including the industry leading entertainment platform RLife LIVE as well R Navigator, ensure that every trip is transformed into an eye-opening, unforgettable journey. Renaissance Hotels. Live Life To Discover. To discover more visit www.renhotels.com.
Friend us on Facebook www.facebook.com/RenHotels
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/RenHotels