Washington Marriott Georgetown, the first Marriott hotel built in the nation’s capital in 1981, announces the completion of its $28 million transformation, an investment by hotel owner, Geller Capital Partners. Representing Marriott Hotels’ massive reinvention efforts, evolving everything from hotel design to associate training, this is Marriott International’s flagship brand’s first fully redesigned property in the Washington, DC metro area, and is a shining example of the today’s look and feel.
[See additional photos below.]
Washington DC landmark showcases a reinvented hotel experience
“We want our guests to experience forward-thinking, aesthetically pleasing spaces that help foster their inventive nature,” said Matthew Carroll, vice president, Marriott Hotels. “Marriott Hotels has consistently pushed the boundaries of innovation in travel to create experiences that inspire and push our guests’ creativity. Washington Marriott Georgetown has accomplished this and more and we know their guests will be thrilled.”
The newly transformed Washington Marriott Georgetown, situated at 1221 22nd Street at M Street, NW, lies in the heart of the city’s West End neighborhood, an area noted for its tree-lined residential streets, embassies, and critically-acclaimed restaurants, including the city’s first Nobu, scheduled to open later this year. The neighborhood has also become the city’s fitness hub, with brands establishing West End footprints including SoulCycle, Orange Theory, Equinox and the forthcoming Squash on Fire, a 19,700-square-foot squash facility opening its doors in May. The hotel is within walking distance to historic Georgetown, Foggy Bottom, and Dupont Circle providing visitors quick access to shops, museums, and galleries.
Washington Marriott Georgetown’s elevates the guest experience by adding 8,300 square feet of new public space, a completely reimagined food and beverage program, 18 meeting rooms, a new fitness center, and the M Club Lounge. The hotel’s guest rooms feature the new “Marriott Modern Design” room where the experience meets the needs of today’s traveler by offering flexibility, mobility and technology-enabled work surfaces.
“Our hotel now truly exemplifies today’s ideal hospitality experience,” said hotel General Manager Kori Johnson. “In addition to our reinvented space, we offer a great destination as one of the most historic properties in the West End neighborhood. We’re proud to be a part of the neighborhood’s renaissance, contributing to the area’s growth and cementing our place as a destination for visitors and locals.”
Today, the new Washington Marriott Georgetown unveils the following:
- The M Club Lounge – An exclusive 24/7 lounge, reserved for Marriott Rewards Gold and Platinum Elite members offers complimentary food and beverage options, including local craft beers and wine on tap, such as Jordan Cabernet. The M Club Lounge also offers free elevated business services. The M Club Lounge access is also available for a nominal fee.
- TED Talks – As part of a brand wide partnership, guests can now be inspired through playlists of TED talks that are now offered through their in room entertainment system.
- Marriott Hotels’ Signature Bourbon Program – Our certified bartenders offer guests an elevated experience that includes advanced mixology and a deep knowledge of the history, and production of bourbon. Guests can enjoy world-renowned bourbon brands, as well as signature cocktails, and locally-curated bourbon flights, featuring Jos. A. Magnus, a distillery located in DC.
- The Visiteur – Guests can enjoy reasonably priced small plates at the hotel’s new food concept, highlighting global taste with local comfort. Standouts on the menu include a hummus bar and inventive tacos featuring Jerk Shrimp and Cocoa Chili. Innovative cocktails such as the Oops I Did It A Gin, Som Like Scotch or the blazing barrel aged Cigarettes and Sushi.
- Fitness Center – The brand new fitness facility flooded with natural light and thoughtfully designed, features advanced strength equipment and offers digital fitness classes with over 600 on-demand workouts including yoga courses, interval training and cardio boot camp. State-of-the-art cardio equipment comes with TED Talk videos on-demand.
- Greatroom – a stylish hub of the hotel that serves as a great social gathering place for both day and night – is accented with contemporary décor and a layout that provides guests with a space to relax, collaborate, or grab a nightcap. Guests can enjoy a variety of great food and drink options as well as seamless connectivity with free Wi-Fi and essential technology.
- Next Gen Meeting Space – The hotel transformed its 18 meeting rooms and added three new rooms including the new 4,800 square-foot Metropolitan Ballroom, making a total 22,000 square feet of above ground flexible event space. Many meeting spaces feature floor to ceiling windows, while all include a flexible set up, able to adapt to a variety of group sizes with pivoting walls, and modular furniture to ensure every team’s meeting space is perfectly suited to their needs. For booking information, please visit: www.marriottgeorgetownredesign.com
About Marriott Hotels
With more than 500 hotels and resorts in over 50 countries around the world, Marriott Hotels is evolving travel through every aspect of the guest’s stay, enabling the next generation to Travel Brilliantly. Boldly transforming itself for mobile and global travelers who blend work and play, Marriott leads the industry with innovations, including the Greatroom lobby and Mobile Guest Services that elevates style & design and technology. Marriott Hotels are proud to participate in the industry’s award-winning loyalty program, Marriott Rewards®, in which members can link accounts with Starwood Preferred Guest® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® for instant elite status matching and unlimited points transfer participate in the award winning Marriott Rewards frequent travel program that allows members to earn hotel points or airline miles for every dollar spent during each stay. For more information, visit www.MarriottHotels.com.
Washington Marriott Georgetown, King Guest Room
Washington Marriott Georgetown - MClub Lounge
(202) 733.5223 office