Bethesda, MD – February 26, 2018 – Today, Aloft® Hotels announces the U.S. launch of the brand’s revitalized Re:fuel by Aloft℠ food & beverage program, with an industry-leading innovative new breakfast format that promises to fundamentally change the way guests experience the most important meal of the day at Aloft Hotels.
The refresh, developed in response to consumer needs and global food trends, includes the creation of 13 portable breakfast pots, which can be purchased at the 90+ Aloft Hotels in the United States, with plans to roll the program out at Aloft Hotels worldwide. Featuring on-trend food items such as freshly poached eggs, avocado and quinoa, as well as perennial foodie favorites such as lemon ricotta pancakes, sweet potato hash and cheddar grits, the new Re:fuel breakfast pots are designed to give Aloft’s forward-thinking guests a balanced and fresh breakfast to enjoy on-the-go.
“Most Aloft Hotels don’t have a full-service restaurant on-site, so we came up with this non-traditional approach to ensure our guests can still enjoy a hot, made-to-order breakfast before they leave for the day,” said Bridget Higgins, Global Brand Director, Aloft Hotels. “Aloft Hotel guests are always ahead of the curve, and with foodie culture becoming more and more prevalent, we wanted to offer them something that felt relevant to them. The Re:fuel breakfast pots provide guests with a quick and easy way to get a fresh breakfast before a day of meetings or sight-seeing, all in a stylish, fun container that they can take with them on the go.”
Innovative digital kiosks, not seen before in the hospitality industry, will be at the heart of the revitalized Re:fuel by Aloft℠ program. Guests will place their order through kiosks, and their selection will be custom-made just for them. Each pot is labelled with its own unique and whimsical avatar sticker which also denotes the time the pot was created.
The 13 varieties of the Re:fuel breakfast pots put a new and innovative twist on much-loved breakfast menu items, allowing Aloft’s self-expresser guests to choose a breakfast to suit their style. The exciting new U.S. Re: fuel breakfast pots menu, which includes sweet, savory and vegetarian options includes:
- The Original: seasoned fries, poached egg, cheese sauce, bacon and scallion
- The Ranchero: black bean salsa, tortilla chips, avocado, lime sour cream, poached egg, cilantro, grape tomato and salsa
- The Goodness: grains, poached egg, avocado, goat cheese, grape tomato, cucumbers, basil, honey lemon vinaigrette and salt
- The Classic: corned beef hash, poached egg and scallion
- The Paleo: sweet potato hash, poached egg and scallion
- The Hearty: pork and bean base, poached egg, pepper and scallion
- The Protein: quinoa, mushrooms, kale, basil, grape tomato, turkey sausage, poached egg, lemon vinaigrette, salt and pepper
- The Lean Green: Brussel sprouts, kale, avocado, basil, poached egg, lemon vinaigrette, salt and pepper
- The Southern: cheddar grits, chicken pieces, sriracha honey, poached egg, honey and scallion
- The Classic Southern: cheddar grits, poached egg, shredded yellow cheddar, pepper and scallion
- The Sweet: mini pancakes, assorted berries, granola, maple syrup, mint leaves and lemon ricotta
- The Berry: overnight oat base, yogurt, fresh berries, granola, honey and mint leaves
- The Brunch: French toast sticks, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, icing, powdered sugar and mint leaves
All the savory pots have a freshly poached egg as the base of the recipe.
Currently, the Pots are only available in Aloft’s U.S. properties, but the refreshed Re:fuel concept will be rolled out to Aloft Hotels in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa in the future, where the program will be adapted to suit local cuisines and trends.
In addition to the pots, the new Re:fuel program includes a shakeup of the grab and go retail offering at Aloft’s properties, with an increased focus on fun, balanced, natural and locally inspired items. Products on offer at the Re:fuel grab and go will include Chameleon Cold Brew Coffee, Buddha Bowl Himalayan Salt Popcorn, Graze snack packs and Fairytale Fruit Gourmet Gum.
For more information about the updated Re:fuel program, including menus for the pots, visit http://aloft.ht/Refuel.
# # #
About Aloft Hotels
With more than 125 hotels now open in nearly 20 countries and territories around the world, Aloft Hotels, part of Marriott International, Inc., delivers a fresh approach to the traditional staid hotel landscape. For the ‘always on’ next generation of traveler, the Aloft brand offers a tech-forward, vibrant experience and a modern style that is different by design. Aloft is proud to participate in the industry’s award-winning loyalty program, Starwood Preferred Guest®. Members can now link accounts with Marriott Rewards®, which includes The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® at members.marriott.com for instant elite status matching and unlimited points transfer. For more information, please visit www.alofthotels.com and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
About Marriott International, Inc.
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 6,500 properties in 30 leading hotel brands spanning 127 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company also operates award-winning loyalty programs: Marriott Rewards®, which includes The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®. For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook and @MarriottIntl on Twitterand Instagram.
Senior Global Director, Public Relations