Marriott Hotels & Resorts
MARRIOTT HOTELS & RESORTS
Marriott International, Inc.
Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International’s iconic business brand and flagship, inspires your best performance during travel and helps you work, relax and recharge in your own way, at nearly 500 hotels in 60 countries. Marriott Hotels support and inspire guests each and every time with real comfort, warmth and genuine care delivered through associates and experiences that energize you and help to make working, relaxing and connecting with others happen – so they can seize the day and prepare for the next. Marriott Hotels & Resorts is Marriott International’s largest globally distributed brand, with a wide variety of city/suburban hotels; beach, golf and spa resorts; and convention hotels. All Marriott hotels participate in the award-winning Marriott Rewards frequent travel program that allows members to earn hotel points or airline miles for every dollar spent. For more information visit www.meetthedriven.com.
Over the past 53 years, Marriott Hotels & Resorts has continued to reinvent itself based on the needs of the most frequent travelers. Extensive research and ongoing dialogue with our core customer gets translated into the service and amenities you find standard in every Marriott Hotels & Resorts property:
- Warm Welcome: The reason why everything works at a Marriott Hotel is the team approach to associate training and service. Associates are trained not only to anticipate guests’ needs and deliver with warmth and genuine caring, but to function as a teamed support system.
- Stylish Interiors: Designed to inspire and energize, Marriott Hotels interiors blend latest in residential design, bold color, dramatic lighting and real comfort
- Destination-Inspired: Marriott Hotels strive to instill a sense of place into every hotel, local knowledge and staffing, indigenous artwork and interior design and destination restaurants
- Thoughtful Connections: The heart of every Marriott Hotel is the lobby or great room, a versatile, multi-purpose space that becomes the social center for guests as well as local residents to meet friends and colleagues, grab a bite to eat, plug in their devices and work either in small groups or alone but still be close to the action – any time of the day or night. A moderately priced 5, 10, 20 Menu is made up of simple, fresh, chef-crafted food that can be delivered in approximately 5, 10 or 20 minutes.
- Energizing Recharge: A good night’s sleep, good food, exercise and taking care of business are the keys to maintaining balance on the road.
o Upgraded Fitness Centers at all 500 Marriott hotels, now open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with a variety of cardio, strength training and stability equipment based on hotel size;, special lighting; flooring; air purification; purified water and often, snacks.
o Marriott signature bedding: Luxurious 300-thread-count sheets, freshly laundered duvet covers and euro shams and plusher mattresses with 3" mattress topper and three sleeping pillows;
o In-room amenities: Flat-screen LCD television with 30-watt acoustically perfect speaker systems, enhanced audio options, high-speed Internet access, connectivity data ports and two telephones in each room, work area with custom designed pivoting desk and high-back ergonomic chair; elegantly appointed bathrooms with custom line of aromatherapy bath amenities, in-room coffee and tea service, iron and ironing board and hair dryer, an laptop charging safe.
- Modern Classics in F&B: Marriott Hotels & Resorts has always been keenly focused on food and beverage – in restaurants, lounges, and room service – that help frequent travelers feel their best for the day ahead. Today the brand focus is on preparing modern, international classics and destination-specific cuisine with quality ingredients, foundational cooking and updated presentation – in restaurants, meetings and room service.
- Executive/Concierge Levels: For frequent travelers, our Concierge Lounge is a home base, safe haven and launching pad for the day ahead. Whether relaxing over breakfast, preparing for an important presentation or popping in for a warm chocolate chip cookie before bed, guests rely on these spaces for convenience.
- Meetings & Events: Marriott Hotels provide the most comprehensive, end-to-end solution for a wide array of events, seamlessly choreographed by a team made up of sales, event and food and beverage associates and coordinated by a person who wears the Marriott Red Coat, providing the event planner with a visible and accessible method to communicate customer needs and program changes. Technology Marriott Hotels & Resorts provide ample function space, catered events, and state-of-the-art business center services and technology, including wireless high-speed Internet access in meeting areas and public spaces at select hotels.
Marriott Hotels & Resorts: History and Innovation
- The lodging industry in 1950s America was divided into two categories: the roadside motel and the urban skyscraper hotel. In 1957, Marriott opened its first hotel, the Twin Bridges Marriott Motor Hotel in Arlington, Virginia – a drive-up motel with the amenities and location of a full-service urban hotel, and never-before-seen innovations like car-side check-in, bicycle bell hops, and an outdoor pool that doubled as an ice rink in the winter (no longer in portfolio).
- The first international Marriott Hotel property was the Acapulco Paraiso Marriott, opened in 1969 in Acapulco, Mexico (no longer in portfolio)
- In 1983, Marriott Hotels introduced the first customer loyalty program, originally called Marriott Honored Guest, now called Marriott Rewards, currently with 33 million members
- In 1975 the first Marriott Hotel opened in Europe, the Amsterdam Marriott
- In 1980, the Riyadh Marriott became the first hotel in the Middle East
- In 1999, Marriott Hotels & Resorts opened its first hotel in China -- the Guangzhou Marriott –and in India -- the Goa Marriott Resort.
- As the portfolio grew, Marriott Hotels & Resorts continued to lead the industry with innovation.
o The first hotel company to offer remote-controlled TVs, a work desk for the business traveler and high-speed Internet standard in every room.
o The first hotel company to offer a guest recognition program and the first to have Express Checkout.
o The first lodging company to introduce the concept of revenue management
o Built what is today the highest revenue producing website in the industry – www.marriott.com – and the seventh highest revenue retail site in the world.
Target Customer: The business achiever who is out there to do their absolute best every day; 77% male,mean age of 43, with 53% generation X/Y; travels for business 18 trips/45 nights per year, and for leisure four times per year.
Marriott Resorts for Leisure Travel: Marriott Hotels & Resorts operates nearly 70 resorts and country clubs around the world. These include resorts with championship golf such as Doral Golf Resort & Spa, a Marriott Resort in Miami, Florida; resorts on the beach, such as the Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort in Egypt; and country clubs, such as Hanbury Manor, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club in the U.K.
Development: Marriott Hotels & Resorts is positioned for further global growth, with 50 hotels in the pipeline for development – 12 in North America and 38 in four international regions.
North America (12):
270-room Peoria Marriott Downtown (2011)
407-room Niagara Falls Fallsview Marriott (2011)
81-room St. Petersburg Marriott (2012)
250-room Atlanta Marriott Sugarloaf Parkway (2012)
255-room South Bend Marriott (2013)
1,175 Washington Marriott Marquis (2014)
300-room Denver Marriott Westminster (2016)
295-room Pompano Beach Marriott (2016)
425-room Naperville Marriott (2016)
198-room San Diego Marriott Escondido (2016)
378-room Bellevue Marriott Downtown (2016)
299-room Minneapolis Marriott Suites Downtown (2016)
Caribbean/Latin America (4)
223-room Marriott Mexico City – Santa Fe, Mexico (2011)
290-room Merida Marriott Hotels, Mexico (2012)
200-room Toluca Marriott Hotel, Mexico
160-room Georgetown Marriott Hotel, Georgetown, Guyana (2013)
426-room Pune Marriott Hotel & Convention Center, India (2010)
306-room Shanghai Marriott Hotel Luwan (2010)
202-room Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa at Kamala Cove, Thailand (2010)
300-room Bangalore Marriott Golf Resort & Convention Centre at Nandi Hills, India (2011)
199-room Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, Thailand (2011)
712-room Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Center, China (2011)
306-room Shanghai Marriott Hotel Lewan (2011)
339-room Guangzhou Marriott Hotel Tianhe, China (2011)
250-room Bengaluru Marriott Whitefield Hotel (2011)
447-room Zhengzhou Marriott Hotel, China (2012)
365-room Jaipur Marriott Hotel, India (2011)
118-room Mulu Marriott Resort & Spa, Malaysia (2012)
250-room Nha Trang Marriott Hotel, Vietnam (2012)
315-room Xi’an Marriott Hotel, China (2012)
250-room Mumbai Marriott Kurla, India (2012)
155-room Koh Samui Marriott Resort & Spa at Laem Sett Beach, Thailand (2012)
400-room Tianjin Marriott Hotel, China (2013)
354-room Shenzhen Marriott Hotel West, China (2013)
968-room Macao Studio City Marriott Hotel, China (2014)
400-room Hangzhou Marriott Hotel Qianjiang, China (2014)
264-room Krasnodar Marriott Hotel, Russia (2010)
152-room Marriott Amburan Beach, Baku, Azerbaijan (2012)
180-room Skopje Marriott Hotel, Macedonia (2013)
Middle East/Africa (11)
209-room Accra Marriott Hotel, Ghana (2012)
294-room Sahl Hasheesh Marriott Beach Resort, Egypt (2011)
216-room Marrakech Marriott Palm Golf Hotel, Morocco (2012)
237-room Kigali Marriott Hotel, Rwanda (2012)
312-room Abu Dhabi Marriott Hotel, UAE (2012)
162-room Durban Marriott Hotel, South Africa (2012)
227-room Algiers Marriott Hotel, Algeria (2013)
355-room Dubai Health Care City Marriott, UAE (2012)
248-room Sharjah Marriott Resort & Spa, UAE (2014)
250-room Damman Marriott, Saudi Arabia (2014)
250-room Marsa Alam Marriott Resort, Egypt (2016)