Marriott Rewards Program
Marriott Rewards awards travelers their choice of frequent flyer miles or points toward free vacations and merchandise when choosing any of more than 3,800 Marriott hotels in 71 countries worldwide. In addition to earning points or miles for dollars spent at participating hotel brands, members who stay with Marriott just 10 or more nights during a given year also receive special "Elite" benefits and services that make travel more convenient.
Marriott Rewards has been named “Best Hotel Rewards Program” by the readers of U.S. News & World Report, About.com, Frommer's Budget Travel Magazine, Inside Flyer, Business Traveler, Global Traveler, Travel Savvy, Executive Travel and BusinessWeek magazines and received the highest ranking among frequent travel programs in the first annual SkyGuide "Best in Travel Awards,” published by American Express Publishing. Marriott Rewards has received more Freddie Awards than any other loyalty program, including Hotel Program of the Year – The Americas for six years in a row.
Marriott International, Inc. launched its first frequent guest program in November 1983. It was called Marriott’s Honored Guest and included only Marriott Hotels.
In May 1997, Marriott International created Marriott Rewards, the world’s first multi-brand frequent guest program.
Participating hotel brands include:
Autograph Collection Hotels
AC Hotels By Marriott
Courtyard by Marriott
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott
SpringHill Suites by Marriott
Residence Inn by Marriott
TownePlace Suites by Marriott
Marriott Vacation Club
Number of Participating Hotels: more than 3,800
Hotel Partners include:
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company (room rate only)
ExecuStay by Marriott (point earning only)
Marriott Executive Apartments (point earning only)
Membership: 49 million members worldwide
Cost: Marriott Rewards membership is free.
Earning Method Members earn choice of Marriott Rewards points, frequent flyer miles or Ctrip points (China) for dollars spent at more than 3,800 hotels worldwide.
• RewardsPlus offers Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members United MileagePlus Premier Silver status, featuring some of United’s most popular Premier perks, and gives United Global Services, Premier 1K, Premier Platinum and Premier Gold members Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status, and all of the benefits that come with it. Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus members also receive added value when transferring points into miles and get additional miles for vacation packages. MileagePlus Premier members can convert their miles into Marriott Rewards points.
• All Marriott Rewards members receive free internet access when staying at Marriott Hotels, JW Marriott, Renaissance Hotels and Courtyard by Marriott hotels in Asia Pacific, including Australia.
• Marriott Rewards Gold & Platinum Elite members receive free internet access globally.
• Marriott’s Rewarding Welcome –This program allows Marriott employees to anticipate and deliver on Marriott Rewards members’ personal stay preferences. After entering their preferences online just once, member requests for extra towels, foam pillows, refrigerators or even a specific newspaper will be honored automatically at hotels globally, including Marriott Hotels, JW Marriott, Renaissance Hotels, Marriott Vacation Club, Courtyard by Marriott, Residence Inn by Marriott, SpringHill Suites by Marriott, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott and TownePlace Suites by Marriott brands
• eFolio – Marriott Rewards members can select a box in their profile and have their hotel folios automatically emailed to them after every Marriott International hotel stay.
Earning Points Members earn 10 Marriott Rewards points per dollar at the following brands:
• JW Marriott
• Renaissance Hotels
• Autograph Collection Hotels
• AC Hotels By Marriott (room rate only)
• EDITION (room rate only)
• Marriott Hotels
• Gaylord Hotels (room rate only)
• Marriott Vacation Club
• Courtyard by Marriott (room rate only)
• SpringHill Suites by Marriott (room rate only)
• Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott (room rate only)
Members earn 5 Marriott Rewards points per dollar spent at:
• Residence Inn by Marriott (room rate)
• TownePlace Suites by Marriott (room rate)
Members earn 10 Marriott Rewards points per dollar (room rate only) spent at luxury partner The Ritz-Carlton.
When staying with Marriott Rewards Hotel Partners, members earn:
• 2.5 Marriott Rewards points per dollar on stays of 30 or longer at ExecuStay
• 2.5 Marriott Rewards points per dollar on stays at Marriott Executive Apartments
Meeting Planners can earn:
• 3 points per dollar, up to 50,000 points, spent on meeting charges such as room blocks, food & beverage, props, audio visual, and much more
• Or 1 airline mile up to 15,000 miles
Earning Frequent Flyer Miles:
Members choosing miles instead, earn unlimited miles in the participating frequent flyer program of their choice.
Members earn 2 miles per U.S. dollar spent* at:
Autograph Collection Hotels
EDITION (room rate only)
Marriott Vacation Club
Members earn 1 mile per U.S. dollar spent* (room rate only) at:
AC Hotels by Marriott
Courtyard by Marriott
SpringHill Suites by Marriott
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott
Residence Inn by Marriott
TownePlace Suites by Marriott
* Members earn a set number of credits per stay when choosing Southwest Airlines.
Members earn 2 miles per U.S. dollar spent (room rate only) at luxury hotel partner The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company.
Other Earning Opportunities
Marriott Rewards Credit Card: Apply for a Marriott Rewards Credit Card and receive 30,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn two category 1-4 free night certificates after account approval. Earn 3 points per dollar spent at Marriott Rewards-participating hotels and 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. Also receive 10 nights credit toward Elite status every year, giving you Silver Elite status or better. To learn more or apply go to MarriottRewards.com.
Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card: Apply for a Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card and receive 50,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn a category 1-4 free night stay certificate after account approval. Cardholders also receive a category 1-5 free night certificate every year upon account anniversary. Earn 5 points per dollar spent at Marriott Rewards-participating hotels, 2 points per dollar spent on airline, dining and rental car purchases, and 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. Also receive 15 nights credit toward Elite status ever year. To learn more or apply go to MarriottRewards.com.
Marriott Rewards Business Card: Apply for a Marriott Rewards Business Card and receive 30,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn two category 1-4 free night stays after account approval. Earn 3 points per dollar spent at Marriott Rewards-participating hotels and 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. Also receive 10 nights credit toward Elite status every year, giving you Silver Elite status or better. Receive as many cards as needed for employees. To learn more or apply go to MarriottRewards.com.
Canadian Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Card: Apply for a Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Card and receive 30,000 bonus points after your first purchase. Earn a category 1-4 free night stay certificate after account approval. Cardholders also receive a category 1-5 free night certificate every year upon account anniversary. Earn 5 points per dollar spent at Marriott Rewards-participating hotels, 2 points per dollar spent on airline, dining and rental car purchases, and 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. Also receive 15 nights credit toward Elite status ever year. To learn more or apply, go to MarriottRewards.com and sign in (Canadian members only).
World Master Card by Marriott Rewards (UK): Receive two Marriott Rewards points per pound spent in the UK (double points are earned outside the UK) at Marriott brands and one point per pound spent on all other purchases. Receive 10,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points when you spend £200 or more within the first six months as a cardholder. Representative 16.9% APR variable. For more information about the Marriott Rewards Visa card visit www.MarriottRewardsCreditCard.co.uk.
Ctrip: Earn points with China's largest travel site, Ctrip, when staying at any of nearly than 3,800 Marriott hotels worldwide. Those with both Marriott Rewards and Ctrip memberships can earn Ctrip points with every stay. Plus, Marriott Rewards points can be redeemed for Ctrip points.
CruisesOnly: Earn up to 20,000 points by booking a cruise with CruisesOnly, America’s largest cruise agency.
Diners Club: Convert Diners Club Rewards points into Marriott Rewards points -- 2,500 Club Rewards points equal 1,500 Marriott Rewards points.*
Hertz: Earn 500 points when renting a car with no hotel stay required.
Sixt: Earn 500 points when renting a car with no hotel stay required.
Avios Reward Programme: Earn up to 2 Avios, redeemable for flights, Eurostar journeys and more, for every US dollar spent.
Chase Home Mortgage: Earn 3,000 points for every $10,000 borrowed.*
Energy Plus™ : Earn 5,000 bonus points plus 2 points per $1 spent on your electric bill (US only: CT, IL, MD, NY, NJ, OH, PA and TX).*
Retail Mall: Marriott Rewards members can earn from one to 10 points per dollar (depending on the retailer) spent with over 100 online retailers such as Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, Gap, Target and Netflix.*
SkyMall: Earn 10 Marriott Rewards points for every dollar spent with SkyMall online.*
Members may also purchase points at a rate of $12.50 per 1,000 points.
Redeeming Members choosing to earn miles may have their mileage deposited directly of 38 Miles frequent flyer programs.
* Open to U.S. residents only.
** Open to UK residents only.
*** Open to Canadian residents only.
Participating airline programs include:
• Aeroflot Bonus
• Aeromexico Club Premier
• Air Berlin TopBonus
• Air Canada Aeroplan
• Air China PhoenixMiles
• Air France/KLM Flying Blue
• Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
• Alitalia MilleMiglia
• American Airlines AAdvantage
• ANA Mileage Club
• Asiana Club
• Avianca Lifemiles
• British Airways Executive Club
• Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
• China Eastern Miles
• China Southern Sky Pearl Club
• Delta SkyMiles
• Emirates Airlines Skywards
• Frontier EarlyReturns
• GOL Smiles
• Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles
• Iberia Plus
• Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
• Jet Airways Jet Privilege Miles
• Jet Blue
• LANPASS Kilometers
• Lufthansa Miles & More
• Qantas Frequent Flyer
• Qatar Privilege Club QMiles
• Saudi Airlines Alfursan
• Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
• Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
• TAP Air Portugal Victoria
• United Mileage Plus
• US Airways Dividend Miles
• Virgin America Elevate
• Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
• Marriott Rewards has no blackout dates. Members can redeem points at the standard redemption rate every night of the year at more than 3,800 hotels worldwide.
• For every 4 nights redeemed, members will receive a fifth night free for that stay. If members redeem 8 nights they will received an additional 2 nights free.
• Hotel Stays: Redeem Marriott Rewards points for free hotel stays at any of more than 3,800 Marriott hotels worldwide. With thirteen hotel brands from which to choose, Marriott Rewards offers travelers the fastest way to a free vacation in the industry. Members may also redeem free stays at hotel partners including Ritz-Carlton hotels.
• Frequent Flyer Miles: Exchange Marriott Rewards points for frequent flyer miles with any participating airline program. Receive a 1:1 points-to-miles conversion ratio when adding 50,000 to 120,000 miles to any 7-night hotel award -- the best value anywhere.
• Cash + Points: Members can book stays at Marriott Rewards participating hotels online using a combination of cash and points.
• Air & Car: Members can purchase airline tickets with points or a combination of points and cash from more than 400 airlines and rent from Hertz rental cars worldwide just as they would with cash, and there are no “blackout dates.” www.marriottrewardsairandcar.com
• Destination experiences: Choose from thousands of travel experiences around the world from climbing the Himalayas to touring the world’s great cities. Use all points or mix points and cash.
• Digital Downloads: Redeem points for ebooks, digital music and movies. Movies can be rented or purchased. Downloads start at 2,000 points.
• Event Tickets: Points can be redeemed for tickets to concerts, sporting events, theater and other special events.
• Cruise: Choose from 23 cruise lines through Cruises.com.
• Golf: Opt for golf lessons at the Marriott Golf Institute or a round of golf on some of the best courses in the world.
• Rail: Select high-speed transportation between London and Paris aboard Eurostar or choose Orient-Express for luxury travel in Europe, Asia and Australia.
• Activities: Turn Marriott Rewards points into a day at the spa, dinner for two, adventure experiences or tickets to theater in London's West End.
• Marriott Gift Cards: Choose dollar, Euro or pound-denominated cards to pay for any Marriott purchase, including meals, room, spa activities, golf, retail shop items and more.
• Retail: Redeem points for name brand merchandise and electronics or choose gift cards from top retailers. Other options include Leisure vouchers valid at 4,000 plus restaurants, pubs and convenience stores throughout the UK and gift certificates good at global retailers such as Marks & Spencer, Mitsukoshi Department Stores, WH Smith and more.
Customize Your Rewards: Silver, Gold and Platinum Elite members who are dreaming of that special event or item can redeem points for just about anything. Whether it is a hot air balloon ride through California wine country or tickets to center court at the US Open, members can tell Marriott Rewards what they want and Marriott Rewards will let them know how many points it costs to redeem for their dream.
7,500 points -- 1 free night at any category 1 hotel
(primarily Fairfield Inn and TownePlace Suites hotels)
15,000 points – 1 free night at any category 3 hotel
(such as the Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport or the Renaissance Santo Domingo Jaragua Hotel & Casino in the Dominican Republic)
20,000 points -- 1 free night at any category 4 hotel (such as the AC Hotel Ciudad de Sevilla in Spain, Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa in Thailand or the Residence Inn Long Beach in California)
2 free nights at any category 2 hotels (primarily Courtyard and Fairfield Inn hotels)
5000 frequent flyer miles with most participating airline programs
$50 donation to the American Red Cross
45,000 points – 1 free night at the London EDITION
50,000 points -- 6-day car rental from Hertz (full size, four door)
70,000 points – 25,000 frequent flyer miles with most participating airline programs, TaylorMade SLDR Rescue Hybrid Club
100,000 points- 5-night stay at any category 5 hotel (such as Courtyard Kaua’i at Coconut Beach or Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort& Spa)
110,000 points - $500 certificate for any of 17 cruise lines with Cruises.com
370,000 points – 7-night stay at a top level category 9 hotel (such as the Paris Marriott Champs-Elysees) and 100,000 airline miles
Elite Benefits - Members who stay with Marriott as few as 10 nights in a 12 month period or hold one meeting or event are automatically elevated to elite Marriott Rewards Silver Elite status and receive special recognition and benefits, such as The Ultimate Reservation Guarantee, access to exclusive Elite-Only Rewards and bonus Marriott Rewards points with every Marriott stay. Gold (50 nights) and Platinum Elite (75 nights) members receive free high speed internet access at JW Marriott, Marriott, Renaissance and Ritz-Carlton hotels in globally. They also receive free breakfast seven days a week, free upgrades, last room availability and many other benefits.
Elite Rollover Nights - With Elite Rollover, members’ extra Elite nights will be carried into the next year, making it faster and easier to achieve higher Elite status and maintain the Elite. Members need to reserve and stay the minimum number of nights required to earn Elite status in a year. All nights in excess of the Elite requirement are automatically applied to the member’s status for the following year. Silver member nights in excess of 10, Gold member nights in excess of 50 and Platinum member nights in excess of 75 all carry forward to the next year.
MarriottRewards.com and the program’s 16 international web sites, members may:
• Set preferences for their hotel stays – including floor preference, newspaper preference, refrigerator for their room, foam pillows
• Select dream vacations and track points earned towards these vacations in Dream Tracker
• View special member-only offers -- including discounted rates and bonuses
• Receive updated record of points and miles earnings
• Review six-month history of account activity, including hotel stays, bonuses and rewards issued
• Search for rewards based on number of points and/or type of reward
• Request reward certificates
• Make a hotel reservation using Marriott Rewards points
• Search for future availability of award stays at a particular hotel
• Update their personal profile record, including preferred room and bed type, mailing and email addresses, earning preference (points or miles), and airline program of choice
• Request membership materials
• Review program terms and conditions
Awards and Recognition
FORTUNE and Travel + Leisure - Marriott Rewards named top Hotel Loyalty Program in Best in Business Travel Survey. (2014)
U.S. News and World Report’s 2014-2015 Best Rewards Programs named Marriott Rewards top hotel loyalty program for a second consecutive year. (2014-15)
Freddies - Marriott Rewards named The Top Hotel Loyalty Program and Best Promotion – Americas; Best Redemption Ability – Americas; and Best Customer Service – Americas. (2014)
J.D Power - Marriott Rewards named top hotel loyalty program in customer satisfaction. (2014)
Readers of About.com, Global Traveler, Executive Travel and BusinessWeek magazines named Marriott Rewards best hotel loyalty program. (2014)Global Traveler Awards – Best Frequent Stay Elite Level Program – Platinum Elite – 2013
Global Traveler Awards – Best Frequent Stay Affinity Credit Card – Marriott Rewards Signature Card from Chase - 2013
U.S. News & World Report – Best Hotel Loyalty Program – 2013
Freddie Award Best Hotel Loyalty Program (Americas) – 6 years in a row
More Freddie Awards than any other travel loyalty program
Business Traveler Magazine Best In The Business Awards – Best Hotel Loyalty Program -2011 and 2012
About.com - Best Hotel Loyalty Program – 2011
8 Frequent Traveler Awards – including Program of the Year, the Americas, Europe & Africa – 2011
11 Frequent Traveler Awards - including Program of the Year, the Americas, Europe & Africa - 2010
Frommer's Budget Travel Magazine Favorite Hotel Program - 2010 Reader's Choice Awards
Leading Edge Awards - readers of Executive Travel Magazine 2010 - Best Frequent Travel Program
Best Loyalty Program – BusinessWeek magazine, 2003
“Best in Travel” – SkyGuide Go magazine from American Express Publishing, 2003
World's Best Hotel Program -- Business Traveler magazine, 1997-2006
Best Hotel Loyalty Program – Global Traveler magazine, 2005
Best Hotel Loyalty Program – Savvy Traveler magazine, 2004-2005
Best Bet -- Good Housekeeping magazine, June 2000
To Enroll Guests may enroll at the front desk of any participating hotel
Call: 1-800-249-0800 United States and Canada
(52) 55 110 221 21 Latin America
52 55 110 221 21 Mexico
44 (0) 20 7584 5500 Europe and the United Kingdom
(+971) 4 217 3579 Middle East
(61) (2) 8298 5250 Australia
60 3 2688 8080 Asia Pacific
852 800 938 968 Mainland China
800 938 968 Hong Kong
(81) 3 5405 1513 Japan
Marriotthotels.co.kr (South Korea)
Marriott.co.cr (Costa Rica)
Marriott.com.do (Dominican Republic)
Marriott.co.uk (United Kingdom)
1-800-MARRIOTT United States and Canada
1 800 251 259 Australia
1 800 852 0469 China
1 800 409929 Ireland
0120 142536 Japan
01 800 900 88 00 Mexico
0800 221 222 UK