Marriott Hotels, the flagship brand of Marriott International, the world’s largest lodging company today, celebrated the grand opening of its M Beta at Charlotte Marriott City Center, an innovation lab that functions as the world’s first hotel in “live beta.” From keyless entry upon arrival to digital experiences in the fitness studio, every corner of the hotel allows for rapid prototyping, inviting guests to test and give feedback in real-time, ultimately shaping their future hotel experience.
The grand opening of M Beta at Charlotte Marriott City Center. From left to right: James Mitchell, Charlotte City Council Member; Arne Sorenson, president and CEO, Marriott International; Mike Dearing, managing director, Marriott Hotels.
“As the leader in the premium full-service category, Marriott Hotels is transforming the traditional hotel experience. We are inviting guests to be part of the innovation and decision making,” said Mike Dearing, managing director, Marriott Hotels. “M Beta at Charlotte Marriott City Center is a forward-looking testing ground for exciting new concepts as we constantly evolve and challenge our way of thinking.”
Greatroom at Charlotte Marriott City Center
Physical Beta Buttons are located throughout the hotel to gauge consumer feedback with a live-tally. By simply pushing a Beta Button, guests and visitors share their ‘approval’ for the corresponding innovation. Beta Button engagement, votes and feedback on hotel innovations are then aggregated and brought to life in real-time via Beta Boards, digital screens placed throughout the hotel for all to see, as well as on TravelBrilliantly.com.
Concepts featured in the hotel will rotate periodically and feature new products as well as various service offerings. Today, M-Beta at Charlotte Marriott City Center will launch and test the following:
- Hosted Arrival: No traditional front desk check-in, but personal greeters waiting for your arrival where you are – at the curb, in the lobby, on the go.
- FLEX Fitness: Guests have access to nearly 1,000 on-demand group and personal workouts available on screens in the tech-driven, on-demand fitness studio or in-room, as well as access to local fitness boutiques, available to book directly through http://flexatmarriott.com/charlotte.
- LG Studio in the Dynamic Meeting Space: As the first iteration of a new partnership between Marriott Hotels, the LG Studio features a full LG kitchen within the hotel’s meeting space, providing an elevated food and beverage experience that can be tailored to any type of gathering, from a brainstorm to a networking event.
- Immersive Kitchen at Stoke Restaurant: Removing the walls between the kitchen and dining area, the Immersive Kitchen within the Stoke restaurant and bar puts guests in the center of the action, allowing chefs to interact more closely with and entertain guests with impromptu culinary offerings. The interactive space also encourages a sense of exploration among guests with a regular rotation of local artisan tastings and cooking classes.
- Localized Marketplace: Coco and the Director is a community center and the true social hub of the hotel, which allows travelers to enjoy locally sourced coffee, unique retail and limited-edition food selections from Charlotte small business. An ongoing rotation of literary, music, educational and entertainment events are featured, providing a constant source of inspiration for guests and locals.
Charlotte Marriott City Center opened in 1984 has undergone its transformation in the last two years. Consumers can track the continued evolution of the hotel through #MBeta and Marriott Hotels on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information about Marriott Hotels visit TravelBrilliantly.com.
M-Beta at Charlotte Marriott City Center is yet another element that demonstrates Marriott Hotel’s ongoing transformation, elevating everything from its hotel design to associate training to best meet the evolving travel tastes of its guests. The brand is embracing the new pace of change, with the goal to not only transform the physical experiences on-property but also to also enable guests to think differently. Last month, the brand launched its #MGravityRoom, an interactive replica of the evolving modern guest room designs. It also recently announced its partnership with TED, bringing new ideas and creative conversation to guests.
Grey Public Relations
Tel: (212) 546-2594
About Marriott Hotels With more than 500 hotels and resorts in over 50 countries around the world, Marriott Hotels is evolving travel through every aspect of the guest’s stay, enabling the next generation to Travel Brilliantly. Boldly transforming itself for mobile and global travelers who blend work and play, Marriott leads the industry with innovations, including the Greatroom lobby and Mobile Guest Services that elevates style & design and technology. All Marriott hotels participate in the award winning Marriott Rewards frequent travel program that allows members to earn hotel points or airline miles for every dollar spent during each stay. For more information, visit www.MarriottHotels.com.
About Marriott International, Inc.
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is the world’s largest hotel company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 6,000 properties in 122 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts. The company’s 30 leading brands include: Bulgari®, The Ritz-Carlton® and The Ritz-Carlton Reserve®, St. Regis®, W®, EDITION®, JW Marriott®, The Luxury Collection®, Marriott Hotels®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Renaissance® Hotels, Sheraton®, Delta Hotels by MarriottSM, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Tribute Portfolio™, Design Hotels™, Gaylord Hotels®, Courtyard®, Four Points® by Sheraton, SpringHill Suites®, Fairfield Inn & Suites®, Residence Inn®, TownePlace Suites®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Aloft®, Element®, Moxy® Hotels, and Protea Hotels by Marriott®. The company also operates award-winning loyalty programs: Marriott Rewards®, which includes The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®. For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com and @MarriottIntl.