Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts will celebrate International Coffee Day on 01 October with joie de vivre at its hotels and resorts around the world. Special events will take place in signature Le Méridien Hubs globally; a twist on the traditional hotel lobby space, Le Méridien Hubs provide a coffeehouse-like atmosphere where creative and curious minds meet and converse while indulging in illy coffee, the brand’s exclusive coffee partner.
Around the globe, hotels and their highly-trained Master Baristas are offering complimentary coffee, latte art demonstrations, coffee seminars, and more. Guest activations include:
- Le Méridien Denver – in celebration of International Coffee Day, the hotel’s Master Barista will create a special coffee-fueled beverage that includes smokey hatch chili spice. Guests will check into the hotel at the Le Méridien bicycle food cart, offering a destination-inspired éclair, served with illy espresso.
- Le Méridien Barcelona – on 27 September, Le Méridien Barcelona will host an immersive coffee cocktail master class, inviting guests to taste delicious libations created by the hotel’s Master Barista. Additionally, a workshop will take place in the Hub to allow guests to create their own coffee soaps and learn about their exfoliating, rejuvenating, and energizing powers.
- Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler – on International Coffee Day, hotel guests are invited to attend an interactive discussion with the hotel’s Master Barista, focused on coffee culture and how to prepare the perfect cup of java. Coffee-flavoured items will be served, including éclairs and even coffee-flavoured cotton candy. A coffee artist will also be present to create temporary artworks using ground coffee.
- Le Méridien Bangkok – upon checking into the hotel on 01 October, guests will receive a complimentary illy nitro cold brew drink. The hotel’s breakfast buffet will feature a coffee station by the Master Barista, inviting guests to sample tom kha kaffee, the Master Barista’s signature drink. A coffee workshop will also be provided, demonstrating fun coffee drinks that can be easily replicated at home.
- Le Méridien Cairo Airport – on International Coffee Day, guests of the hotel are invited to join a coloured latte art training and indulge on coffee samples. Guests will also take part in an éclair and latte-making workshop and learn more about Egyptian coffee recipes and trends.
Additional properties that will be celebrating International Coffee Day through on-site offerings include, but are not limited to Le Méridien Jakarta, Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur, Le Méridien Ogeyi Place, Le Méridien Al Akah, Le Méridien Abu Dhabi, Le Méridien Fisherman’s Cove, Le Méridien Beach Plaza – Monaco, Le Méridien Charlotte, Le Méridien Atlanta Perimeter, Le Méridien Tampa, and more.
In addition to the buzzworthy activations at various Le Méridien properties worldwide, the brand will host a pop up Parisian coffee shop, inspired by its European heritage, at The Shops at Brookfield Place (230 Vesey St., New York, NY 10281). Taking place on Sunday, 01 October from 11am to 5pm, Le Méridien Global Master Barista Franz Zauner will craft complimentary coffee drinks for the public, while they peruse creative vignettes that transport visitors to destinations where Le Méridien is opening new hotels, including:
- Rome – Espresso Macchiato: Feel like you are living la dolce vita at Le Méridien Visconti Rome, the brand’s newest hotel. Indulge in an Espresso Macchiato alongside an Italian chocolate praline, all while posing on a vespa with an Instagram-worthy backdrop.
- Seoul – Special Cold Brew: Travel to Le Méridien Seoul in South Korea, home of the 2018 Winter Olympics. Enjoy cold brew coffee infused with red chili flakes and rice milk, two popular Korean ingredients.
- Denver – Sweet Cortado: Take in après-ski at Le Méridien Denver Downtown and taste a Colorado-inspired Cortado with double espresso, homemade peach syrup and steamed hot milk foam.
Le Méridien’s NYC pop up café will be situated in the open public space on the main floor of The Shops at Brookfield Place. Follow @lemeridienhotels and tag #LMCoffee and #InternationalCoffeeDay on social media to follow along!
Samantha Stump, Day One Agency, samantha@D1A.com