Introspective Docuseries Examining the Intersection of Travel and Creativity to be Available Through Diverse Distribution Channels including Cable Channels, Theaters, Social Media and Hotel Room TV’s
The second installment of Marriott International’s cinematic docuseries, StoryBooked, are now available to screen at https://traveler.marriott.com/StoryBooked.
Produced by Marriott’s award-winning Content Studio, in partnership with NBTV Studios, the series captures the compelling and expressive personal journeys of members of Marriott’s trio of loyalty programs - Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG), traveling the world in search of inspiration for their own creative passions. The four new films feature Grammy-nominated musician Aloe Blacc, underwater performance artist and director Julie Gautier, movement artist and choreographer, Jon Boogz and Olympian and filmmaker, Alexi Pappas.
As a hotel company with 6,700 hotels across 29 brands in 130 counties and territories that participate in its loyalty programs, Marriott enables endless inspiration for its members to travel with passion and purpose. “Travel is about exploring and discovering places and uncovering our true selves,” says Scott Weisenthal, Vice President, Global Creative & Content Marketing, Marriott International. “The second season of StoryBooked artfully examines the compelling ways that travel provides inspiration for creative expression, expands borders and opens minds.”
Season 1 of StoryBooked premiered at the global art festival, Art Basel in Miami in December 2017, with a celebration of the films and member’s original artwork.
The second season of
- Grammy-nominated musician Aloe Blacc’s career takes him around the world, often spending months at a time traveling from concert venue to concert venue performing powerfully soulful songs to adoring fans, in pursuit of his creative dreams. Aloe’s film catches up with him on tour in Poland, supporting his latest album Lift Your Spirit. As he travels around the world from gig to gig, he reveals how he finds artistic inspiration and creative muses in his fans and in the culture of the places he visits.
- Underwater performance artist and director, Julie Gautier, can hold her breath for 6 minutes and free dive down to -68m (223 feet) - a French free-diving record. Julie harnesses her talent and ability to create hauntingly beautiful, choreographed dances submersed underwater, some of which have received millions of views on YouTube. In Julie’s film she travels to Cancun, Mexico seeking out the mysterious cenotes - secret underground underwater limestone caverns that are formed after a cave in, leaving a hole in the earth that leads to a pool of often-gorgeous turquoise-colored water. There she choreographs and performs a new dance that brings to light her personal journey of becoming an artist.
- Jon Boogz is a movement artist, choreographer and dancer who is bridging racial and cultural divides through dance. As a sought-after choreographer, he has worked with notable icons including Mikhail Baryshnikov, Naomi Campbell, Gloria Estefan and Pharrell. Jon travels to Morocco in his film, finding ways to connect and communicate in a new place through his mesmerizing artistry.
- Greek national 10km record holder, Alexi Pappas, is a filmmaker and professional runner and the first woman to compete for Greece in the Olympic 10km race. While a dual US and Greek citizen, in her episode Alexi travels to Greece to explore her family’s heritage and connect her beloved sport in the birthplace of the marathon and Olympics.
- Cable Channels / Video-on-Demand: In a first for Marriott, StoryBooked will air on the FYI Network November 8 at 11PM ET and November 15 at 11:00pm ET, and on A&E on November 10 at 10AM ET. Afterwards the episodes will be available to stream via A&E and FYI video-on-demand through April 2019.
- Theatrical: This November, StoryBooked films will appear in 30 Spotlight theaters nationwide, reaching over 500,000 movie-goers interested in art-house and limited release movies. These theaters are located in 28 strategic markets including New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Dallas and others.
Marriott’s Content Studio develops and produces original stories that inspire, inform and entertain. The Content Studio is a part of Marriott Creative + Content Marketing, that pushes the boundaries of creating and distributing compelling premium content that seamlessly connects with and engages modern-day travelers through its vast distribution network. Through a unique and thoughtful storytelling approach, The Content Studio ignites the passions of travelers and inspires global travel and exploration.
About Marriott Rewards, which includes The Ritz-Carlton Rewards, and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG)
Marriott International’s award-winning loyalty programs – Marriott Rewards, SPG, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards – unite 29 unique and iconic global brands and over 6,700 distinctive properties in 130 countries and territories around the world, providing members with endless inspiration to travel the world. The programs, operating under one set of unparalleled benefits, enable more 110 million members to earn points toward free hotel stays, and achieve Elite status faster than ever, seamlessly and easily book or redeem points for stays throughout the portfolio. To enhance their travels, member may also indulge in 120,000 experiences offered on moments.marriott.com. When booking direct on Marriott.com, SPG.com or any of Marriott’s mobile apps, members can take advantage of exclusive Member Rates, free and enhanced Wi-Fi, mobile check-in and checkout, Mobile Requests and, wherever available, Mobile Key. To enroll for free or for more information about the programs, visit Marriott.com or SPG.com . Travelers can also connect with Marriott Rewards on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and learn more about #spglife on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.