What does 2019 have in store in the stars? W can tell you. Today W Hotels announces a collaboration with Ruby Warrington, Founder of cosmic lifestyle platform, The Numinous. Alongside the creative team at W, Warrington has created an astrology guide for W hotels in Asia Pacific. In keeping with the W brand’s endless appetite to help discover what’s new and next, the guide is designed for avid travellers and cosmic fans alike, pairing guests with travel inspiration, personalised to their Zodiac sign.
Drawing on each hotel’s location, design and aesthetic, Ruby, a former Sunday Times STYLE Features Editor, matches each W hotel to the distinctive personality traits of each star sign. Delving into everything from travel types, packing tips, flavours to savour and what to see and do in each city, the comprehensive guide gives playful insight into every W hotel and destination in the region. The guide also features tips from each hotel’s W Insider – tapped-in talent who provide insider access to everything locals are buzzing about.
“We are thrilled to have collaborated with Ruby to develop this astrology guide for our guests joining us in the Asia Pacific region. The guide is fun, soulful and is sure to playfully speak to each of our guests. Ruby has captured the culture of each W destination in such a brilliant way,” commented Bruce Ryde, Vice President Luxury Brands and Brand Marketing, Asia Pacific, Marriott International.
Ruby has brought her wealth of astrological experience to create this exclusive guide, which is available for global guests on the brand’s content hub,
The Angle. Here is a snapshot of the hotels perfectly paired to all twelve signs of the Zodiac:
- Capricorn: W Xi’an Epic expeditions to ancient sites and monuments form the backbone of Capricorns’ travel schedule, so soak up the historical splendour at W Xi’an, which stand as starting point of Silk Road, having abundance of historical treasures of China.
- Aquarius: W Kuala Lumpur – A journey into outer space would be the ideal Aquarius getaway, as they thrive on journeying to the edge of the unknown, envisaging a life of endless possibilities. For a taste of the future today, W Kuala Lumpur is an entry point to one of the fastest developing cities in the world.
- Pisces: W Bali - Seminyak – An imagination like no other sign, Pisces move through the world with an open heart and one foot in a fantasy of their own creation. The luxuries of W Bali await.
- Aries: W Taipei – This air sign likes to be where the buzz is and thrives on constant stimulation. A city break to this modern metropolis, where high-tech living collides with easy access to natural wonders, will feed Aries’ “Type A”, all-or-nothing personality.
- Taurus: W Guangzhou – Luxury is a must, and from lush island getaways to lavish spa breaks and epicurean adventures, Taureans seek travel experiences that satisfy all the senses. Taureans’ dedication to the cult of the catwalk is also second-to-none, and W Guangzhou is a decadent landing pad into what is recognized as one of China’s premier fashion capitals.
- Gemini: W Brisbane / W Singapore – Sentosa Cove – Endlessly adaptable and with one eye always on what’s new and next, their up-for-anything attitude, and infinite curiosity sees Geminis sampling a wide array of travel destinations. A trip to the city beach resorts of W Brisbane or W Singapore will satisfy their desire for a kaleidoscope of experiences.
- Cancer: W Maldives – They crave privacy like no other sign and seek secluded spots where it feels safe to emerge from their shell. Cancerians are the most watery of water signs, so nestling into the private cabanas at the W Maldives private island resort, offers perfect tranquillity.
- Leo: W Bangkok – Life is one long party for the Leo, and they prefer to dance from one adventure to the next. W Bangkok is a jet-set gateway into a city that feeds Leos endless appetite for life.
- Virgo: W Shanghai – The Bund / W Suzhou – Virgos thrive on efficiency and while switching off fully can be a challenge, they find their own kind of relaxation in the soothing cadence of a well-oiled routine. W Shanghai and W Suzhou are the perfect bases for exploring two of the busiest cities in China.
- Libra: W Koh Samui – Forever seeking beauty, balance and harmony, Librans are drawn to travel experiences that offer the best of all worlds. A tropical hideaway that’s also a hub for Thailand’s beautiful party people, W Koh Samui will tick every one of Librans’ boxes.
- Scorpio: W Hong Kong – Each new adventure is the beginning of a magical mystery tour for Scorpios, who love to slip behind the scenes and journey deep below the surface. W Hong Kong is the gateway to one of the world’s most mysterious cities.
- Sagittarius: W Goa – As the most adventurous sign of the zodiac, those born under Sagittarius are forever setting off for horizons unknown. W Goa is the perfect entry point to a multi-cultural hub where East meets West.
Commenting on the collaboration Ruby said, “I love that W has embraced astrology, which is about so much more than reading one’s weekly or monthly horoscopes. Rather, astrology is a language that helps us to view the world through a more magical lens, and what else are we looking for when we travel?”
The collaboration kicks off the new year following an exciting 2018 for the W brand, which saw further expansion into Asia Pacific with new hotels: W Xi’an, W Kuala Lumpur and W Brisbane.
For further information, visit w-hotels.marriott.com.
# # #
About W Hotels Worldwide
Born from the bold attitude and 24/7 culture of New York City, W Hotels, part of Marriott International, Inc., has disrupted and redefined the hospitality scene for nearly two decades. Trailblazing its way around the globe, with more than 50 hotels, W defies expectations and breaks the norms of traditional luxury wherever the iconic W sign lands. With a mission to fuel guests’ lust for life, W ignites an obsessive desire to soak it in, live it up and hit repeat. The brand’s provocative design, iconic Whatever/Whenever service and buzzing Living Rooms create an experience that is often copied but never matched. Innovative, inspiring and infectious, the brand’s super-charged energy celebrates guests’ endless appetite to discover what’s new/next in each destination, to see more, feel more, go longer, stay later. For more information on W Hotels, visit whotels.com/theangle or follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. W Hotels Worldwide is proud to participate in the company’s award-winning loyalty programs – Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz- Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG). The programs, operating under one set of unparalleled benefits, enable members to earn points toward free hotel stays, achieve Elite status faster than ever, and seamlessly book or redeem points for stays throughout our loyalty portfolio of 29 brands and more than 6,700 participating hotels in 130 countries & territories. To enroll for free or for more information about the programs, visit members.marriott.com.
Hue & Cry
Nadina Stening and Grace Roome
+44 (0) 20 3829 5690 | WHotelsAP@huecryagency.com