AC Hotels by Marriott
Core Brand Messages
- AC Hotels embodies timeless, elegant design with architecture and interiors that subscribe to a European Modernism design aesthetic.
- AC believes that purposeful design detail improves our guests’ lives and provides them an opportunity to slow down and uncover the beauty in the essential. They edit away the unnecessary to remove friction, allowing guests to focus on what’s important to them.
- The modern guest room offers sleek furnishings, open closet system, elegant art and hardwood floors
- AC Hotels has European-inspired food and beverage concepts and programming.
- The AC Kitchen offers European-inspired egg tarts, freshly sliced pieces of prosciutto, and signature croissants fresh from France.
- The AC Lounge serves cocktails, inclusive of our two signature gin tonic recipes, local craft beers and wines, and a concise food menu inspired by the tapas of Spain.
History: Renowned hotelier Antonio Catalan (‘AC’) founded the brand in 1998, through his signature vision he developed one of the most well respected hotel brands in Spain. In 2011 Marriott International and AC Hotels formed a joint venture and launched AC Hotels by Marriott globally.
Price Tier Category: Distinctive Select
Hotel Attributes: AC Hotels by Marriott’s attributes include:
- Sophisticated, modern, European-inspired design featuring neutral tones, inviting furnishings and ambient lighting, designed to reflect the uniqueness and character of its urban location.
- The AC Lobby evokes the feeling of a well-curated art gallery, including communal tables, ample plug-ins and frictionless service Kallpods that enable guests to immediately request a staff member’s attention.
- Design-savvy guest room has sleek furnishings, open closet system and hardwood floors.
- AC Lounge features local craft beers, expertly made signature cocktails, and tapas-style small bites.
- AC Kitchen features a European-inspired continental breakfast selection.
- The AC Library includes a selection of inspiring titles that line the shelves, ranging from modern art to design, all in a soothing environment where guests can also find complimentary computers and printers.
- The AC Store offers an assortment of European and local snacks.
- Flexible, private meeting spaces equipped with the latest audio-visual technology.
- Mobile check-in/check-out.
- 24-hour fitness center access.
- KORRES bath amenities, specially created for AC Hotels
Marriott Bonvoy: Marriott Bonvoy is the new travel program replacing Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) starting February 2019. Comprised of a portfolio of 30 hotel brands, members can earn and redeem points for hotel stays and accelerate the points they earn with co-branded credit cards from Chase and American Express. The program offers 120,000 travel experiences on Marriott Bonvoy Moments and Marriott Bonvoy Tours & Activities. When members book direct on Marriott.com they receive perks including free and enhanced Wi-Fi and exclusive member-only rates, and on the Marriott app they enjoy mobile check-in and checkout, Mobile Requests and, wherever available, Mobile Key. To enroll for free or for more information about Marriott Bonvoy, visit MarriottBonvoy.com. To download the Marriott app, go here. Travelers can also connect with Marriott Bonvoy onFacebook, Twitter and Instagram.
AC HOTELS PORTFOLIO AND GROWTH PLANS:
*Info as of end of Q1 2019
*Please note this is for internal insight only as a line of sight into brand growth, but not to be shared with media. For the latest growth information please contact brand PR.
AC Hotels by Marriott debuted its first U.S. location in November 2014 in the iconic Cotton Exchange Building in New Orleans. The brand currently offers a portfolio of 149 design-led hotels around the world in locations in Europe, North America, the Middle East & Africa and the Caribbean & Latin America. The brand has 110 more projects in the signed development pipeline, including adding 5 projects in Asia Pacific.
AC Hotels by Marriott Brand PR Contact:
Victoria Martinez Hart
Senior Global Director, Public Relations - Marriott International
AC Hotels by Marriott Brand PR Firm, BPR: