- Moxy is a fun, playful and stylish hotel designed to give guests everything they want and nothing they don’t
- Moxy boldly breaks the rules of a conventional hotel stay – starting with Check In at the Bar
- Moxy is for the young and the young at heart – the brand is inclusive, approachable and lives in the public space
- Moxy guests save on space and splurge on experience
Brand Overview: Moxy is an animated, vibrant and stylish hotel thoughtfully designed to give guests only what they want and nothing they don't. We dare to bend all the rules – that means all of the fun, comfort and style without the hefty price tags. Launched in September 2014 with Moxy Milan, the experiential brand is defined by its attitude – price is just a pleasant surprise. It has cozy rooms with premium comforts, as well as convenient services like 24/7 Grab and Go, fast and free wifi, and tech-enabled everything… plus an amped up bar experience. Moxy is fun. Inclusive and young at heart, Moxy challenges the status quo to show the world what “moxie” really means, and encourages its guests to Play On.
History: Moxy Hotels debuted in September 2014 with the opening of the Moxy Milan.
Price Tier Category: Distinctive Select
Hotel Attributes: Moxy Hotels’ attributes include:
- Public spaces ranging from calm to energetic, including a library/plug-in zone, lounges, bar, and communal areas to work and play hard
- Flexible, stylish bedrooms with an open storage concept
- Tech offerings including keyless mobile entry, mobile check in (with Room Ready Alerts) and check out; screencasting; abundant plugins; internet TV in-room featuring Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Pandora and Crackle; motion sensor lighting under bed; and furiously fast AND free wifi
- 24/7 self-service B&F offerings
- Spirited Moxy Crew Members that have high energy and a fearless do-it-yourself attitude
- Industrial chic look and aesthetic
Marriott Bonvoy: Marriott Bonvoy is the new travel program replacing Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) starting February 2019. Comprised of a portfolio of 30 hotel brands, members can earn and redeem points for hotel stays and accelerate the points they earn with co-branded credit cards from Chase and American Express. The program offers 120,000 travel experiences on Marriott Bonvoy Moments and Marriott Bonvoy Tours & Activities. When members book direct on Marriott.com they receive perks including free and enhanced Wi-Fi and exclusive member-only rates, and on the Marriott app they enjoy mobile check-in and checkout, Mobile Requests and, wherever available, Mobile Key. To enroll for free or for more information about Marriott Bonvoy, visit MarriottBonvoy.com. To download the Marriott app, go here. Travelers can also connect with Marriott Bonvoy onFacebook, Twitter and Instagram.
MOXY HOTELS GROWTH
*Info as of end of Q1 2019
*Please note this is for internal insight only as a line of sight into brand growth, but not to be shared with media. For the latest growth information please contact brand PR.
Moxy currently operates 44 experiential hotels open across North America, Europe and Asia. There are 96 Moxy Hotels in the pipeline opening in North America, Asia, The Caribbean & Latin America, and Europe.
Moxy Hotels Brand PR Contact:
Victoria Martinez Hart
Senior Global Director, Public Relations - Marriott International
Moxy Hotels Brand PR Firm, BPR: