Paris-Born Brand Sparkles with Curated Pleasures Inspired by Festive European Traditions
Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts is embracing the glamour of winter and inspiring travellers to revel in the chic style of the 1950s and 1960s with the launch of La Fête by Le Méridien, an exclusive new global programme inspired by idyllic European winters and the art of entertaining. La Fête by Le Méridien expands the brand’s established programmes and rounds out a full year of celebrating in style, including (avec amour) by Le Méridien, which celebrates the romance of travel, and Au Soleil: a Summer Soirée, which embodies the sentiment that the sun never sets on the jet set. Transporting guests back to a more nostalgic, glamourous era of travel, La Fête by Le Méridien comes to life at more than 100 hotels around the world while honouring the brand’s distinctive mid-century design. Decked out with joyful touches of breathtaking winter décor, guests will be enchanted in the seasonal spirit.
“Winter is a fabulous time of year, full of holiday soirées, gatherings with friends and family over cocktails, and finding that perfect New Year’s Eve ensemble. From exclusive soundtracks created by Nouvelle Vague to festive holiday decorating tips, La Fête spreads the holiday spirit throughout the winter season,” said George Fleck, Vice President of Global Brand Marketing & Management, Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts. “Whether travelling for business or pleasure this winter, we give you more festive ways to savour the good life in style.”
In addition, Le Méridien has joined forces with designers Astrid Chastka and Kelly Britton, who curated their top 10 tips on entertaining in style for guests to take home with them, as well as the botanical guidelines for the hotels’ seasonal displays. Chastka is a prop stylist and set designer based in New York City. Her inspiration is drawn from her diverse background in jewelry design, architecture, and fine art to define a visual perspective that is bold and often unexpected. Britton, a producer and designer based in Brooklyn, combines a strong aesthetic sensibility to her work, which includes brand activations, product launches, interior renovations, and museum installations.
Introducing this chic global programme with panache this month, participating Le Méridien hotels will feature the following offerings for guests to enjoy:
· La Fête by Le Méridien’s “10 Tips on Entertaining in Style” created by stylists Astrid Chastka and Kelly Britton will be shared exclusively with Le Méridien guests to inspire their own stunning parties.
· Custom La Fête by Le Méridien gift-wrapping paper will be available for guests to wrap any last-minute gifts in style.
· And of course, the holidays wouldn’t be complete without festive cookies, cocktails and music! Guests will enjoy decadent desserts and holiday cookies to sweeten their day. And, as part of the brand’s Sparkling programme, signature cocktails feature local twists on classic drinks including mulled wine and hot apple cider. Our exclusive winter soundtrack curated by Le Méridien’s global music partner French Bossa Nova collective, Nouvelle Vague, entices guests to dance the night away.
Creating more ways to savour the good life, Le Méridien welcomes winter with chic activations nightly, weekly or monthly with global festivities in destinations including Vienna, Paris, Munich, Barcelona, Angkor, Saigon, Montréal, Atlanta, Charlotte, Columbus, Denver, and Indianapolis.
· Le Méridien Vienna (Vienna, Austria) launches the programme on December 2 with fancy cocktails, holiday sweets and a live performance by Nouvelle Vague.
· Le Méridien Etoile (Paris, France) will get upbeat with Jazz, Cocktails and Cuisine du Chef complimentary dinner concerts, special concert platters and Christmas and New Year’s offerings all in La Fête by Le Méridien style.
· Le Méridien Bangkok (Bangkok, Thailand) is inviting guests to enjoy matchless moments from mid-century Europe with a Festive Sunday Brunch blending traditional fare with creative innovations. Children are invited to create their own gingerbread houses, giving the entire family ways to celebrate together.
· Le Méridien Versailles (Montréal, Canada) is celebrating the joy of giving by joining with the Montreal Children’s Hospital and throwing a La Fête by Le Méridien Holiday Party. Guests are encouraged to bring children’s gifts to wrap with exclusive La Fête by Le Méridien wrapping paper and prepare handmade holiday cards for them. All season long, the hotel is offering loyal guests a bow tie amenity with tying instructions.
· Le Méridien Denver Downtown (Denver, CO) will usher in December with La Fête by Le Méridien moments including Wednesday night Platinum Member Sparkling Cocktail Hours with personalized La Fête by Le Méridien invites and Thursday night Whiskey Tastings. Friday nights will kick-start the weekend with cookies and cider. On December 12, the hotel will host a Wine and Wreaths Class for guests to create their own holiday wreaths.
· Le Méridien Columbus, The Joseph (Columbus, OH) will ring in the holidays with a La Fête by Le Méridien Ornament Painting workshop where guests learn to decorate sparkling glass ornaments. Sipping seasonal cocktail offerings will let the creativity flow.
· Le Méridien Charlotte (Charlotte, NC) is celebrating the season with themed events such as La Fête by Le Méridien Wine Pairing Dinners, along with gift-wrapping workshops and a tree lighting resplendent with holiday cheer.
For more information about La Fête by Le Méridien, please visit www.lemeridien.com/lafete and follow along on social media with #lmlafete.
Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts
Born in 1960s Paris during an era of glamorous travel, Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts continues to celebrate cultures around the world through the distinctly European spirit of savouring the good life. With more than 100 hotels and resorts in nearly 40 countries and territories, spanning from Mauritius to Monaco and from Santa Monica to Seoul, Le Méridien’s engaging mid-century designed spaces coupled with chic signature programmes put a playful twist on art, coffee, sparkling cocktails, summer and family and inspire creative-minded travellers to explore the world in style. Stay connected to Le Méridien on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Le Méridien is proud to participate in Marriott Bonvoy, the new name of Marriott’s travel program replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz- Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG). The program offers members an extraordinary portfolio of global brands, experiences on Marriott Bonvoy Moments and unparalleled benefits including earning points toward free hotel stays and nights toward Elite status recognition. To enroll for free or for more information about the program, visit MarriottBonvoy.marriott.com.